MLA 9 Updates
- If a book has no editor, the title is followed by a period and then edition or volume information. But if a book has an editor, the title is followed by a comma, editor information and comma, and then edition or volume information.
- If a source comes from a database, only include database information, not search filter (ex. EBSCOhost not MLA International Bibliography).
- If a web source does not have a publication date, include an accessed date.
- If a website does not have a last updated date, include an accessed date.
- Website is spelled as one lower-case word.
- For films, do not include performers unless they are the focus of the paper or if they help identify the version.
- Include a digital object identifier (DOI) as a hyperlink