Return Library Items
- to the Circulation Desk.
- to the outside book drop located on the right, near the ERC entrance.
- to the ERC service desk at any site campus location.
- to the Open Lab service desk at Strawberry Plains Campus.
Circulation Services is the first point of contact for many Pellissippi State library users. The Circulation Desk is located on the right near the entrance of the Educational Resources Center (ERC) at the Hardin Valley Campus. This is where books from the circulating collection are checked out and returned. Items placed on reserve by instructors and laptops and iPads for use in the library are also checked out and returned here. Both TBR/UT (TALC) borrower's cards for Pellissippi State students, faculty and staff, and Community Borrower's cards for library users from the local community are issued at the Circulation Desk.
Staff at this desk also provide general information, assistance in requesting intercampus loans and interlibrary loans, and information and assistance with questions about overdue and billed materials. Circulation services are also available at the ERC service desk at any site campus location.
Use the tabs above and other links on this page for more information about services available.
Overdue Notices and Billing Policy
The following policies apply to overdue library books and other items:
- No daily fines are charged for the late return of materials.
- Keeping materials past the due date will result in overdue notices and billing, if materials checked out are not returned. Overdue notices are sent as a courtesy to library users. Failure to receive notices does not negate the library's overdue and billing policy. It is the responsibility of the library user to be aware of the due date for items checked out and to notify the library of any address changes.
- If the materials are not returned within 30 days of the due date, a billing request for the replacement cost of the item plus a $15.00 per item processing fee will be forwarded to Business Services. Such items will have a "billed" status and may not be renewed.
- Overdue reserve items will be billed one week after the due date and per item processing fees will be added to the billing.
- If the item(s) is returned in good condition within one year of the date it was referred for billing, the replacement cost of the item will be credited. The $15.00 processing fee(s) will not be credited or refunded. Outstanding bills are subject to College collection procedures and any resulting collection fees.
First and second level overdue notices will be delivered to students, faculty, and staff via your Pellissippi State email account. Third notices and bills for materials not returned after 30 days will be mailed to your home address in paper-format.Community borrowers and TBR/UT borrowers will receive all notices in paper-format.
This overdue and billing policy applies to all borrowers.
Full-time faculty: Current semester loan – may be recalled after 2 weeks.
Students: 2 weeks
All other borrowers: 2 weeks