Annotated Bibliography Assignment
Create a research question pertaining to one of your topic's aspects from the last assignment, find 4 credible sources that help answer the question, and write an annotated bibliography of those sources using APA style.
Create a Research Question & Identify Keywords
- Choose one of the aspects of your topic that interested you from the first assignment.
- Create a question about this aspect that you want to learn more about.
- Topic: Prison
- Aspect: Education in prison
- Research Question: Should convicts be offered the option to attend college in prison?
- Re-read the sociological definition and “See also” entries. Identify useful keywords.
- Keywords: prison, college
- Use OneSearch below to search your keywords.
- To the left of the results, limit the Creation Date to the last 5 years. Click Refine.
- To the left of the results, click on Journal Articles.
- Identify articles that could help answer your research question. Click on the title link.
- Click on the Email button and email it to yourself.
- Send all potential articles to your email (at least double what you need).
Write the Annotation
In 5-7 sentences, summarize the main points of the source. Focus on how it helps answer your research question.