Your articles must come from Psychology Collection, PsycARTICLES and/or the Social Sciences Full Text databases linked on this guide.
- Databases are accessible 24/7 via the Internet. Login with your MyPellissippi user name and password without the @pstcc.edu. Computers are available at the Blount County Campus in the Library (BL 136) and in the Open Computer Lab (BL 174).
- The PsycARTICLES and Social Sciences Full Text databases may be searched simultaneously by selecting "Choose Databases"
- Begin your search by using the search terms/keywords you selected from Mrs. Cunningham's "Potential Topics" list.
- Limit your results to "Full-Text."
- Limit your results to "Scholarly (Peer-Reviewed) Journals."
- Limit your results to "Published Date: January, 2014 - January, 2019"
- Use auto-fill and "Subject" headings to refine your search.
- Email yourself all relevant articles (PDFs whenever possible).
- Each article you open and/or email yourself will include an APA citation.
*Avoid using resources which include "review of" in their titles. Most databases give you the option to view only articles, you may use the menus within the databases to narrow your topics and select "articles" or "journal articles" to remove items which are reviews.
- Search for quantitative research, i.e. articles that have a Method and Discussion section (see "Quantitative vs. Qualitative PDF" on the Your Assignment page)
- Articles must be 5 pages in length to be appropriate for your paper