With an informative speech, the goal is to educate the audience about a specific topic. It is important to remain bias free and to present the topic in a way that does not persuade, but rather provides substantial information about a topic. After the presentation, the audience should be knowledgeable enough to make an informed opinion and remember the key details about the subject. A well-presented informative speech should be easy to understand, yet in depth enough to convey key information.
Step 1- Find a Topic
To give a great informative speech you first need to Find a Topic.
- Remember, you want to find a topic that interests you and that you can educate your audience about!
- Make sure you check out our Find A Topic page for even more great resources
Step 2- Research
- Once you've found a topic, you will need to begin researching. Through research you will find sources that have information you need for your assignment.
- Pay attention to how many sources your professor is asking for and what types of sources they require for the assignment!
- Learn more about the 3 Basic Sources and Primary Sources you will use in your assignment, in our page list
Step 3- Evaluate